Summit to Focus on Understanding Opioid Use Disorder and Pain Management
A free, community event on Nov. 6 in Vancouver, WA will explore pain management approaches in the context of the ongoing opioid epidemic. Experts from the Southwest Washington region will help attendees gain a deeper understanding of pain and pain management, as well as issues related to opioid use disorder.
Topics and speakers include:
• Understanding Opioid Use Disorder as a Chronic Disease, John Hart, D.O., PeaceHealth
• A Biopsychosocial Understanding of Chronic Pain, Nate Goins, PsyD, Providence Medical Group Gateway
• Alternate Non-Opioid Medication Options for Chronic Pain, Karen White, PharmD, BCACP, Providence Medical Group Clark County
• Physical Therapy Alternative Treatment Options for Chronic Pain, Barbie Carter, PT, MPT, CSCS, Providence Camas Rehab and Sports Therapy
• Take Back Your Life Program at Battle Ground HealthCare, Sue Doyle, PhD OTR/D, CFE, CAPS, Battle Ground Healthcare