Position Title: Transformation Improvement Director
Open Date: February 10, 2019
Closing Date: TBD
Status: Exempt 1.0 FTE (40 hours/week)
Reports To: Executive Director
Position Summary: Southwest Washington Accountable Community of Health (SWACH) seeks a Transformation Improvement Director to work with SWACH partners to implement science of improvement concepts in its transformation projects. This position will work directly with partners as a practice facilitator. The director will develop and coordinate SWACH’s infrastructure to assure a standard approach to all projects. This position will work closely with SWACH staff to coordinate training and technical assistance, provide coaching, shared learning and integration of science of Improvement concepts that are appropriate for the SWACH partner culture.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement learning collaboratives in three County area.
- Lead learning collaborative advisory group(s).
- Coordinate improvement project measures of success with SWACH’s expected performance outcomes. Work with CORE, SWACH staff and partners to align improvement measures with outcome measures.
- Develop and implement SWACH’s standard improvement tools in transformation projects, which include shared learning, virtual community and science of improvement project plan templates.
- Partner with Communications Manager to develop and manage a communication plan for promoting science of improvement concepts with partners, training, technical assistance events and success stories and is consistent with SWACH communication principles.
- Manage the development and implementation of SWACH regional and geographic specific training and technical assistance offerings. Work with SWACH staff and partners to assure a SWACH coordinated approach for training and technical assistance. Lead development of training and technical assistance topic selection.
- Develop and maintain a thorough and nuanced understanding of SWACH Medicaid Transformation programs and initiatives.
- Represent SWACH and all program partners with integrity and respect.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Key Competencies and Traits
- Extensive experience in quality improvement and systems thinking.
- Project management knowledge and experience in sizeable systems of care.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating effectively with managers, front-line staff, executive leaders and diverse stakeholder groups.
- Effective conflict resolution skills.
- Documented capability of effective leadership and coaching skills across systems of care and service.
- Ability to build confidence and capacity within organizations.
- Evidence of effective teaching skills in quality improvement and data management.
- Evidence of resiliency and flexibility.
- Actively uses an equity and strength-based lens in program and policy considerations.
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master’s Degree in organizational management, clinical or administrative healthcare or public health highly preferred.
- Five years’ experience implementing organization-wide quality improvement projects
- Experience working within large health systems and with community-based organizations.
- Experience with Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s science of improvement concepts.
- Experience with population health management and marginalized populations preferred.
- Driver’s license.
To apply send the below information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A resume covering relevant experience and education. Please ensure your resume includes the following for each employer: name of employer, location, dates of employment, your title and a summary of your responsibilities.
- A cover letter that states your interest in the position and expands on your experience and describes how your skill set aligns with the qualifications listed above.