Open Date: May 21, 2020
Closing Date: Open until filled
Status: Exempt, 1.0 FTE (40 hours/week); Currently working remotely due to COVID-19
Starting Salary Range: $60,000-$75,000 plus benefits
Reports To: Executive Director
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the full suite of marketing, public relations and communications strategies for the Vancouver-based nonprofit organization serving Clark, Klickitat, and Skamania Counties. The ideal candidate is passionate about healthy communities and serving diverse audiences through effective communications. The position will use a wide range of marketing and communications strategies and tactics to build awareness, trust, and engagement among a wide range of stakeholders across healthcare, social services, government, and community-based settings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage communications plans, strategies, and budgets in partnership with organizational leadership.
- Create and maintain clear, consistent, culturally appropriate messaging to support the mission, vision and work of SWACH and its partners.
- Identify potential funding to support SWACH programs; draft and finalize effective grant proposals to secure funding for the long-term success of SWACH.
- Draft and finalize materials to support SWACH programs, in partnership with Directors/Managers.
- Maintain and update website; create and updates pages with an eye towards consistent voice, transparency, and community engagement.
- Draft and finalize SWACH newsletter, monitor partner information and issue press releases; and handle media relations in partnership with SWACH Directors.
- Responsible for posts, messaging, and web presence on social media, including Facebook, Linked In, Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms.
- Communicate and coordinate with key stakeholders, management, advocacy groups, consumer groups, etc., regarding SWACH program goals and objectives.
- Participate as a member of SWACH team, including contributions to shared activities.
- Maintains confidentiality of information.
- Partner with Administrative Coordinator to achieve communication outcomes.
- Perform other related duties as requested by SWACH Directors and Managers.
Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position is qualifying. This would typically include:
- 5 or more years in a communications position. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in communications, plus experience preferred. Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills using both professional and Plain Language principles.
- Evidence of presenting ideas verbally and in writing which are clear, direct, and succinct.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task in a diverse work environment.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Able to complete tasks accurately and timely with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to maintain high ethical standards and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of current health systems and social determinants of health.
- Advanced experience with MS Office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Adobe InDesign experience preferred.
- Experience with Universal Design
- Interest in and desire to learn new technological applications.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Work is primarily performed virtually until safe to return to a professional office setting. If unable to work virtually, office space is available.
Regular travel among the three-county service area is required, including occasional evening and weekend meetings. Position requires hand manipulative skills working with electronic equipment and systems. May occasionally lift and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds. Must be able to hear verbal conversations over the phone and in-person with background noise. Vision acuity to perform read and complete documents.
To apply send the below information to: email@example.com
1. A resume covering relevant experience and education. Please include the following for each employer: name of employer, location, dates of employment, your title and a summary of your responsibilities.
2. A cover letter that states your interest in the position and expands on your experience in marketing and communications. Please describe how your skill set aligns with the qualifications listed above.
3. A completed application, which is available here.
Please note, incomplete applications will not be considered.
SWACH employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Holidays: Full Time employees receive nine paid holidays plus one floating holiday per calendar year; Part-time employees receive a pro-rated amount based on the number of hours per week the employee is usually scheduled.
- Paid Time Off: Annual accrual of PTO up to 18 days – calculation based on number hours worked.
- Retirement: SWACH will make a fully vested safe harbor non-elective contribution to an established 401(k) Savings Plan on behalf of each employee equal to 3% of the employee’s pay, per pay period
- Health Insurance: Employer paid Medical, Dental & Vision for employees (family member coverage available
- Employer paid Long-term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance*
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)*
*Benefit coverage begins on the first of the month after one full month
Southwest Washington Accountable Community of Health (SWACH) is a local nonprofit working to improve health in Southwest Washington. We bring together community members and other experts to address our region’s biggest health challenges. Through innovative partnerships and local resources, we’re working to create lasting changes and a healthier future – for everyone.
SWACH is one of nine organizations leading the state’s Healthier Washington Initiative in their regions. These Accountable Communities of Health (ACHs) are building a healthier Washington that meets their communities’ unique needs.
SWACH is the state-designated ACH for the counties of Clark, Klickitat and Skamania. We partner to support members of the Cowlitz Tribe and Yakama Nation.
SWACH is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and seeks applicants who will contribute to the diversity of the organization. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, application for workers’ compensation benefits, use of statutory protected leave, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. SWACH is committed to creating a work environment that values equity, wellness, respect, teamwork, and community.
Learn more about SWACH at:
Our website – www.southwestach.org
Facebook – www.facebook.com/swach.org