JOB TITLE: Community Engagement Coordinator
AGENCY: Southwest Washington Accountable Community of Health
DATE: January 16, 2018
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Position Filled
REPORTS TO: TBD
STATUS: Non-Exempt, Full Time 1.0 FTE (40 hours per week)
COMPENSATION: $21- $25 per hour plus benefits
LOCATION: Based in Vancuver, WA. Requires travel in three county area (Clark, Skamania and Klickitat)
Southwest Washington Accountable Community of Health (SWACH) is recruiting a full time Community Engagement Coordinator. This position will be responsible for engaging stakeholders who represent and serve underserved populations in Clark, Skamania, and Klickitat counties.
This position will support the development and implementation of a community engagement plan which will include attending and facilitating meetings, coordinating community listening sessions, and assessing opportunities for connection and partnership for SWACH and the Healthy Living Collaborative (a program of SWACH). This position will also support the growth and development of the Community Health Advocates and Peer Support Network (CHAPS), which is a Peer Network focused on networking, professional development, advocating, and sharing resources among peer workers in Clark County.
- Build and maintain strong trust and connection with underserved communities and service providers.
- Support community representatives in both informing and advocating for themselves at the organization and systems level.
- Facilitate diverse groups of various sizes to build relationships, improve shared learnings, and carry out mutual goals.
- Advocate for community involvement and decision-making in systems and organizations.
- Support individuals and organizations to regularly learn from each other and share information.
- Actively use an equity and strength-based lens in program development, capacity building, and local activities that surface community wisdom and community-based health solutions.
- Identify strengths and skill building opportunities for community members in local organizing efforts.
- Track and report program outcomes and budget as required for internal tracking and in various grant and funding sources.
- Engage with various audiences, including stakeholders, community organizations, and individuals, to support opportunities for convening, leadership development, and advocacy.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings.
- Demonstrated community outreach, community organizing at grassroots level, and mobilization skills in low-income, diverse community settings.
- Demonstrated project management skills including: program planning, development, and implementation.
- Experience addressing health equity and social determinants of health in diverse and underserved communities
- Outstanding interpersonal and collaboration skills; ability to motivate and influence others; ability to be an active listener; ability to recognize and promote the strengths and capacity of community members.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure, meet short deadlines, and work in noisy, crowded environments; and work well independently and in team environments.
- Demonstrated team building experiences and ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with a wide variety of audiences.
- Experience using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Products, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills; ability to identify and create solutions for teams facing challenges, experiencing difficult dynamics, etc.
- Strong facilitation skills; ability to mediate conflict, delve deep, and drive to objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work independently.
- Ability to build and sustain authentic relationships with various stakeholder groups, multicultural groups, community organizations and individuals.
- Flexibility, warmth, humor, maturity, and diplomacy.
- Experience using MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, Doodle Polls and GoToMeeting, or other webinar software.
- Bilingual (Spanish preferred)
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat and/or MS Publisher.
- Ability to identify and follow up with potential funding and sponsorship opportunities.
- Grant writing and monitoring experience.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: